Learn. Laugh. Lose. Camp Shane Cares!
- Proven weight loss results
- Fabulously Fun Activities
- Boys 7-19 • Girls 7-17
- Featured on MTV, 20/20
- Medically supervised
- TLC and the Dr. Phil Show
- Young Women 18-25
- Family, not corporate run
You're going to look great after a summer at Camp Shane!We're a summer camp to lose weight, but here weight loss is only one of our awesome programs. We don't make being overweight a bigger problem than it is. We're a lot of fun and very friendly. We really care about each other. Camp Shane is a weight loss camp for girls and boys, teens and young adult women where you feel comfortable, welcome and good about yourself! We know exactly what you're going through. We are not a diet camp, a fat camp or a boot camp. We're here to help you succeed and have the best time of your life.
A summer weight loss camp that kids and parents love
Where fun, nice people, great activities, fabulous camp grounds and nutritional education and behavioral therapy combine. Fun is key at Camp Shane!! Running the best weight loss camps in the country means proven results, overcoming obstacles and having the time of your life while making lifelong friendships.Read more >>
Camp Shane’s Medical Supervisor
Meet Joanna Dolgoff, M.D.
- Board Certified Pediatrician
- Childhood Weight Loss Expert
- Official Spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Appearances on The Today Show, The Early Show, Nightline & CNN.
Camper’s at Camp Shane NY have the option to meet with Dr. Dolgoff on an individual basis for an Obesity Medical Evaluation. This will include a physical exam, metabolism and pulmonary breath testing, and a personalized nutrition plan to use after camp.Read more »
Camp Shane’s Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Expert
Dr. Michelle Maidenberg, Ph.D.
- Camp Shane’s Supervising Clinician
- Certified Group Psychotherapist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Adjunct Professor of CBT at NYU Graduate School
- Author of articles in The NY Times, Fitness and Shape
CBT is provided at all Shane camps. We teach techniques and strategies for permanent weight loss. Campers discover why they are over eating and develop their problem-solving, self-esteem and socialization skills.Read more »
Camp Shane’s Registered Dietitian & Culinary Expert
Meet Diane Henderiks, R.D.
- Registered Dietitian, fitness expert and culinary educator
- Chef & R.D. for Prevention Magazine
- Regular on-air contributor for Good Morning America
- Chef and host of live cooking shows and children’s workshops.
She designs and certifies three balanced meals and two snacks every day. Diane knows what you like to eat while you’re watching your weight. You’ll learn what you need to know to keep the weight off at home.Read more »