Weight Loss Camps – “Weigh” Better Than A Fat Camp!
Camp Shane Weight Loss Camps
- Proven weight loss results
- Medically supervised weight loss camp
- Not ‘fat camps’ – Fabulously Fun Activities
- TLC and the Dr. Phil Show
- Boys 7-19 • Girls 7-17
- Young Women 18-25
- Featured on MTV, 20/20
- Family, not corporate run
You’re going to look great after a summer at Camp Shane!
We’re a summer camp to lose weight, but here weight loss is only one of our awesome programs. We are not a Diet Camp, a fat camp or a boot camp. We’re not like other “fat camps” who treat their campers like they’re in boot camp. We don’t make being overweight a bigger problem than it is. We’re a lot of fun and very friendly. We really care about each other. Camp Shane weight loss camps are for girls and boys, teens and young adult women where you feel comfortable, welcome and good about yourself! We know exactly what you’re going through. We’re here to help you succeed and have the best time of your life.
A summer weight loss camp that kids and parents love
Where fun, nice people, great activities, fabulous camp grounds, nutritional education and behavioral therapy combine. Fun is key at camp Shane!! Running the best weight loss camps in the country means proven results, overcoming obstacles and having the time of your life while making lifelong friendships.
We are not a fat camp nor are we a boot camp. A fat camp treats their campers like members of the military – we treat our campers like family. We run our weight loss camp no different than a traditional camp but with all the benefits of weight loss, improved fitness and self esteem.
OPRAH KIDS LOSE
WEIGHT AT SHANE
CAMP SHANE ON
CAMP SHANE ON
Camp Shane’s Medical Advisor
Meet Dr. Stephen Pont, MD
- Pediatrician and Medical Director, Texas Center for the Prevention and Treatment of Childhood Obesity
- Medical Director, Austin ISD Student Health Services
- UT Southwestern, Austin, Department of Pediatrics
Shane’s camp programs are medically vetted by Dr. Pont. Having struggled with his weight as a child, he understands the need, importance and challenge of making healthy choices to maintain good health.Read More
Camp Shane’s Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Expert
Dr. Michelle Maidenberg, Ph.D.
- Camp Shane’s Supervising Clinician
- Certified Group Psychotherapist
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Adjunct Professor of CBT at NYU Graduate School
- Author of articles in The NY Times, Fitness and Shape
CBT is provided at all Shane weight loss camps. We teach techniques and strategies for permanent weight loss. Campers discover why they are over eating and develop their problem-solving, self-esteem and socialization skills.
Camp Shane’s Registered Dietitian & Culinary Expert
Meet Diane Henderiks, R.D.
- Registered Dietitian, fitness expert and culinary educator
- Chef & R.D. for Prevention Magazine
- Regular on-air contributor for Good Morning America
- Chef and Host of live cooking shows and children’s workshops.
She designs and certifies three balanced meals and two snacks every day. Diane knows what you like to eat while you’re watching your weight. You’ll learn what you need to know to keep the weight off at home.